As an introvert myself, I found the tips shared by The Undercover Recruiter to be great advice for tackling the interview process. The blog post shared 5 main points to remember:
- Take time before you go into an interview to get yourself into the right mental and physical state so you can excel.
- Think about more than the just the job itself but also the human connections you will need to make.
- Make eye contact with each person individually as you say hello.
- It is essential that you communicate the fact you are a thoughtful and engaged individual with achievements and skills to share.
- If you are uncomfortable talking about yourself and your accomplishments, try framing your achievements in terms of what you learned from completing the experience.
Read the entire blog post at http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/introverts-interviews/ for more details.
Also be sure and take a look at the CashNet USA infographic, Introverts Guide to Job Interviews, that is included at the end of the article.