Entering the workforce for the first time can be a shock to the system, with many charted and uncharted minefields to navigate. In New Graduates: These are the Unspoken Rules of the Workplace No One Tells You, Anisa Purbasari Horton, Editorial Assistant for Fast Company’s Leadership section outlines several tips to give you a head start on day one of your new entry-level job.
- You are there to do your job
- It’s up to you to figure things out
- Feedback will not come automatically
- Attention to detail is extremely important
- Understanding how you fit in the bigger picture goes a long way
- Companies are not obliged to consider your needs and interests
- No one will care about your career as much as you
If you would like additional information on this or any other facet of career management, please feel free to schedule an appointment to meet with me by calling the CMC at 979-845-1998.