The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst’s platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Capital Management Internship will be an immersive program to support our executive team by providing financial analysis, business modeling, and strategy development within our single family residential capital management platform. We are seeking a candidate that is highly driven, motivated by the concept of continuous learning, and possesses a fundamental knowledge of corporate finance and real estate capital markets.
You will also be introduced to other Amherst businesses in technology and property management to understand holistically how we operate. Due to the current pandemic situation location and duration are still undetermined.
Internship Program Hours: Monday-Friday 9-5 pm
- Assist internal teams to develop and update long-term corporate models and assist the team with developing a business plan/budget which ties back to corporate models
- Perform cost analysis that helps the management team understand the fixed/variable costs and key performance drivers of various business units
- Partner with team to analyze and update system reports, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and troubleshoot errors
- Work on projects as assigned but also have strategic ownership of a summer-long project that you will present to a cross-functional group of leaders at the end of the summer
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field; Finance, Math, Business, Economics, etc.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25
- Experience with Excel modeling, how to read financials
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic project management abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills