The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst’s platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
Program Outline: (What’s in it for you!)
The Capital Management Internship will be an immersive program to support our executive team by providing financial analysis, business modeling, and strategy development within our single family residential capital management platform. We are seeking a candidate that is highly driven, motivated by the concept of continuous learning, and possesses a fundamental knowledge of corporate finance and real estate capital markets.
You will also be introduced to other Amherst businesses in technology and property management to understand holistically how we operate. Due to the current pandemic situation, location, and duration of the Summer 2021 program is still being determined.
Internship Program Hours: Monday-Friday 9-5 pm
- Financial analysis and reporting; cash flow management, debt/equity financing analysis, securitization sizing and pricing
- Work with management and senior analysts to prepare models, budgets, and analytics to support executive decision making
- Conduct research and perform due diligence on alternative investment opportunities utilizing external sources and proprietary internal data and analytics platforms
- Create and track business plans for potential transactions
- Facilitate project management around key initiatives
- Create presentation materials and pitch books for internal and external audiences
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in; Finance, Economics, Accounting, etc.
- Minimum GPA: 3.25
- Basic knowledge of Excel modeling, how to read financials
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic project management abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills