The Commercial Development Program (CDP) is ASR’s predominant program for challenging, training and grooming future ASR commercial leaders. Participants will rotate through three separate core commercial areas of ASR’s business over a 3 year period. In each rotation, participants will be challenged with high-impact, high-visibility assignments and responsibilities that drive real value for ASR. Throughout, participants will build foundational knowledge in ASR’s business while building relationships across the organization.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Each year CDP participants will join a separate ASR team and work alongside senior leadership on high profile projects. Participating functions may include Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Corporate Development, Agriculture Finance, and New Product Development. Each rotation will last approximately 12 months. Representative CDP rotations include:
- Corporate Development rotation participants gain experience conducting industry research, financial analysis and company/asset due diligence required to identify, evaluate and execute strategic transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial partnerships and greenfield projects.
- Global Sugars Group rotation participants gain experience understanding commodity trading markets, buying and selling commodities, commodity supply chain planning, and commodity risk management.
- Marketing rotation participants gain experience assessing market trends, needs and structure, and conducting competitive analysis along product lines, all while gaining experience in marketing products.
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience
- M.B.A or equivalent Master’s degree from a university with a strong academic reputation
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES, EXPERIENCES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical with strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills with ability to foster an effective cross-functional network
- Resilient with experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented, accountable, with a bias for action
- Open and capable of learning new technologies that optimize existing processes and enhance efficiency
LOCATION OF ROLE
- Assignments will be based in West Palm Beach, FL, Yonkers, NY, or other ASR Group locations. Given how exposure to different areas of ASR’s business is a key element of the CDP program, participants will be expected to relocate at least once during the 3 year program.
- ASR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this position.