Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, production designers, researchers, experience strategists, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to ensure our digital platforms empower customers to reach their financial goals.
We are seeking talented students who want to develop real-world skills as they create user-centered experiences for our digital platforms which include mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
As an Experience Design Graduate Summer Intern you will
- Participate in the full product-development cycle, from idea to implementation.
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, product, marketing, technology, and other partners to create delightful experience concepts.
- Be exposed to and have a chance to explore a broad range of functions in Experience Design working with a world-class team.
What we expect out of all of our designers:
- Analyze information: Translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging world-class experiences.
- Follow user-centered design processes: Applies user-centered design processes to ensure designs are well-researched, executed, and tested using industry trends, analysis, internal analysis of user behavior and data, personal expertise, design rationale and customer data.
- Leverage standards: Use brand, standard patterns, style guidelines, third-party standards and other design foundations as input to new work. Respects standards but constantly pushes where new ideas will improve the design. Work the with the Technology Team to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications and bears responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards when required.
- Create new concepts: Creates user-driven, engaging user experiences that turn complex tasks into simple, elegant interactions. Offers multiple concepts that explore new and different ways to solve challenges. Collaborate effectively with other visual designers, interaction designers, content strategists, product managers, researchers, product partners and engineering teams. Collaborate with design partners, product partners, development partners, visual designers, editors, and usability engineers against a design plan.
- Learn and adapt: Keep pace with the ever-changing digital environment iterating designs through Lean UX, Agile, and other modern design/build processes. Work closely with agile development teams to coordinate and deliver an error-free final product.
- Juggle effectively: Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Advocate for great design: Passionately advocates for great user experiences and convinces partners with a can-do spirit, thought-leadership, great designs and compelling presentations. Candidates should be able to present their work to a broader audience and leadership with confidence.
- Build: Deliver error-free design specifications and assets to enable speed-to-market development and testing.
As an Experience Design organization, we leverage all the disciplines of design and are seeking interns with skill and experience in either one or a few areas of the Human Centered Design Product Design practice. Namely visual design, interaction design, animation or motion design, service design, design research, content design, and design program management.
You’re a person (required skills)
- Graduating with a Master’s degree between Dec 2021-June 2022 in design, Service Design, Communication Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Psychology, Business Management, Computer Science, or related field.
- With strong knowledge of the web and mobile app environments.
- Experienced with design tools like InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or related software.
- With experience building prototypes.
- With a design portfolio that shows a range of creativity and well-rationalized solutions. Please include a link to your design portfolio in your application or resume.
- With some experience and coursework directly related to Design Thinking and User-Centered Design research methods.
- With some coursework related to business and project management, analytics, and reporting.
And you are a person who:
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with other designers and partners in a studio context.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to, and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role. Bank of America does not complete third party
forms from colleges, universities, or other parties