We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
Job Description & Program Overview
Our Summer Associate Program includes formal training followed by assignments with a specific team within the Quantitative Strategies Group. As a quantitative strategist you will focus on a specific product area within the overall group. Responsibilities vary with specific assignments but examples could include:
- Enhancement of pricing and risk models to incorporate new market or products features
- Quantitative analysis of the current markets, trends and trading strategies
- Numerical analysis of existing models and implementation and testing of performance enhancements
- Investigation and improvement of high-frequency algorithmic trading strategies
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2021 and June 2022 at the following level:
- PhD in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science, or a
- Masters in Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or Financial Engineering
- A record of superior academic achievement
- Understanding of basic financial modeling
- Experience with numerical modeling
- Strong computing skills in some or all of C/C++, Excel/VBA and Python
- Strong interest in global financial markets
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.