Job Description & Program Overview
What would you like the power to do?
At Bank of America, we ask this question every day of all those we serve. It is at the core of how we live our values, deliver our purpose and achieve responsible growth. An internship with Bank of America will give you the opportunity to develop skills from a leading financial technology firm with values focused on our clients, employees and the communities we serve.
The Strategy & Management Summer Associate Program develops future leaders while engaging them in challenging and business critical assignments in both non-client facing and client facing roles. The internship program offers 2 program tracks where recent MBA level candidates gain experience in various areas of the Consumer Bank organization. Successful interns will have the opportunity to join the 2 year rotational development program following graduation.
As a summer associate, you will receive a high touch program that will assist you in developing real world skills. Key projects and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Applying your financial acumen and analytical skills to support a variety of projects as required by our customers and business leaders
- Building, designing and executing process solutions against business strategy
- Developing your industry acumen through discussion with senior leaders
The Product and Strategy track will give you the opportunity to work on projects and initiatives that drive strategy, enhance sales process and support the Consumer business. Roles would be focused in areas such as:
- Consumer & Small Business Products
- Consumer Lending
- Consumer Operations
- Consumer Underwriting
- Digital Banking
- Small Business
- The Academy
The Market Leadership track will give you the opportunity to learn from the top leaders in the Financial Center Channel within Consumer Banking & Investments. This internship provides the ability to execute against strategy, lead and develop associates and drive revenue. This interactive experience happens front line in the Financial Center working shoulder to shoulder with Market Leaders. During the internship you will develop skills such as:
- Coaching associates to success
- Strategic thinking
- Analyzing performance data to drive result
Your training and development is our top priority, you’ll receive support from The Academy. Bank of America’s award-winning, high-tech, personalized coaching and development program dedicated to the success of every employee in Consumer & Small Business and Merrill. The team’s purpose is to attract and retain top talent, develop the skills our workforce needs to be more productive and help our teammates grow their career. These efforts are brought to life with our shared obsession with the culture of client care.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an MBA from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2021 and June 2022
- 3-5 Years pre-MBA work experience with a demonstrated record of achievement preferred
- Desired candidates may possess a relevant work history that reflects:
- Leadership Skills including; ability to identify, coach and develop talent, strong influencing ability without direct management, crisp communication and presentation skills, time management and organization through re-prioritization, ability to foster effective teamwork and strategic thinking
- Minimum 2 years of Sales/Retail Experience or Sales Management Experience
- Multi-unit sales management or regional/market banking management experience with a large span of control
- Please note, if offered a full time opportunity following your internship you will need to be geographically flexible with regards to your work location to be eligible
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role. Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other third parties.