Provides financial analysis & accounting support for assigned departments as well as assists in month-end closings and budget preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides accounting & analytical support for assigned departments.
- Reviews monthly spending and anticipates future spending
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget process.
- Assist in coordination of year-end closing for Annual Report, 10-k, and Tax Package.
- Complies with corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Validate non-exempt hours, payroll distribution, and payroll related queries.
- Performs Month End duties necessary for closing the books.
- Works with business partners to understand spend
- Provides explanations and analyses on any unusual spending when requested.
- Review of all ledger accounts affected by payroll entries
- Provides support for financial reporting requirements.
- Assists in loading data into reporting modules
- Assists in explaining variance fluctuations
- Validates the completeness and accuracy of the P&L.
- Assists with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and Audit efforts as needed.
- Provides ad-hoc analytics as needed to support the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills, MS Excel, MS Word
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Accounting degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Two (2) to five (5) years related accounting experience and/or training.
- MBA and/or CPA a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in somewhat standardized situations.
Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Primary Work Location
USA GA - Covington BMD