A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.
Serve as a business partner with the corporation and its operating units within the Global Business Solutions Group’s Procure to Pay Team, performing all aspects of the analysis and processing activities associated with the company’s Expense Management system, Corporate Card Program(s) and Purchasing Card Program. This position will also assist in supporting the accounts payable function as needed. This position will have significant employee facing communications through email and phone. S/he will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, positive attitude, great communication skills, and capacity to get things done independently.
- Administer and configure Brown-Forman’s expense management system and provide support for approximately 3500 employees.
- Act as an administrator for Brown-Forman’s company credit card programs.
- Responsible for configuring systems used for managing corporate card programs.
- Audit expense reports against the company travel and entertainment policy.
- Enforce and update the company travel and expense policy.
- Provide training and guidance on travel and expense business practices and expense reporting processes to employees.
- Act as liaison for all employee inquiries regarding the travel and expense policy.
- Prepare monthly internal management travel and expense reports and deliver to Finance reviewers.
- Perform all accounting activities pertaining to Expense Processing and the Purchasing Card programs (i.e. Accruals, reconciliations and Journal entries).
- Develop expertise in associated systems and processes including invoice processing systems.
- Perform other GBS duties as assigned
Required Experience & Education:
- Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience: 3-5 years of accounting or expense reimbursement experience or accounts payable.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent);
- Experience: Experience in Corporate Card Administration.
- A working knowledge of the SAP environment.
- Experience implementing and administering the Concur Expense application
- Proficient in Microsoft Access
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience in the administration and configuration of an automated expense system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality of company information and activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Technical and Professional Knowledge/Skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Detail Orientation
Salary Grade: 25
*For this position, we are not able to offer a corporate relocation package. However, in some cases, there may be relocation assistance available.