- Manage a team of analysts to price structured power, natural gas, and renewable energy transactions in collaboration with origination, development, the trading desks, and risk teams
- Identify value proposition and inherent risks of energy transactions and propose appropriate valuation methodologies
- Facilitate the deal approval process with timely analysis and communication
- Perform analysis of business decisions and strategic issues, including issues related to plant operations and dispatch, commodity markets, asset and contract commodity margins, and transaction pricing.
- Provide analysis to support asset acquisition and divestiture decisions
- Work within broad guidelines; apply advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have a long term impact for the company.
- Present valuation results to the senior management team.
- Manage and develop junior staff members
- Support the continued development of:
- Calpine’s modeling infrastructure, including asset and contract models as well as repositories of fundamental market data
- Periodic corporate business plan projections and commercial transaction targets
- Commercial views supporting business strategy, hedging decisions, and development/acquisition opportunities.
- Advanced Excel model-building skills
- Intermediate programming skills with one or more of the following: VBA, R, C#, Python
- Understanding of Monte Carlo simulation and two-factor forecasting models.
- Experience with manipulating large amounts of data and working with structured databases
- Intermediate level presentation and Power Point skills
- Demonstrated understanding of asset valuation methods (dispatch models, options, swaps, tolls, and PPAs).
- Candidate should offer a subset of the experience and knowledge below:
- Experience modeling assets similar to those in Calpine’s portfolio, including gas-fired combined cycles and cogeneration plants, geothermal assets, tolling and other contracts, storage facilities, etc.
- Knowledge of US gas and electric market fundamentals, including supply and demand, environmental legislation, and regional market structures.
- Familiar with power plant design and performance metrics.
- Valuation of commodity and derivative transactions as well as the impacts of various regulatory policies.
- Experience with managing a team of highly qualified analytical professionals
- Team player with a “whatever it takes” attitude who is used to diving into an issue, brainstorming solutions, and learning new methods and tools to address.
Attractive qualifications include:
Bachelors and Masters degrees in Mathematics, Computational Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
How to Apply
Please apply through the link provided: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3470&__jbsrc=