Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good
Manager, Product Management (Data Management – Scan)
When you look around in the world, do you see opportunities to change customers’ lives? Imagine a place where every customer is an advocate because we are easily able to predict and adapt to their evolving needs. Sound exciting? We think so!
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Interested in finding the needle in the haystack… at scale… in a large and dynamic data ecosystem? Maniacally focused on user experience while managing builds, application scaling, and growing adoption? Our Data Management Service Layer team in Enterprise Products and Platforms is selectively recruiting a high energy, forward-thinking Product Manager to partner on our Human Data Detection journey.
We look for people who obsess over removing friction from the overall developer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity. You are a strong Product leader who is selfless and invests in the success of your peers, managers and partners with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations.
As a Product Manager, you’ll lead nimble cross-functional teams who share your passion and drive for solving human and business problems with data. In this role, you will:
- Understand the developer persona and how to drive great developer experiences
- Drive vision and strategy by leading product/tech discussions
- Drive product objectives with business cases, product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- Ground assumptions in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers/developers
- Lead the design and build of new solutions that simplify processes for clients and associates.
- Stay abreast of new technologies that are driving business process simplification across the industry and be the leader in driving that change by partnering and piloting across various business areas.
- Partner with the Technology team to bring Product Vision to life and inspire the team by driving design thinking mindset for Product Owners, developers and designers.
- Have a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies will be critical
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product management
- Understanding how platforms provide value to your business and customers
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer/developer facing digital products
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 1+ years of experience analyzing and understanding distributed and/or hyper ledger technology
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.