Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in the investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to build and enhance high-quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions that create value for our investors, residents, and associates.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse team rooted in a culture of mutual respect. We know that our differences make us stronger as an organization and we embrace equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
As a Development Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting new development and debt pursuits in NY, DC, and Boston. In addition, you will assist in coordinating, organizing, and tracking all phases of multiple development projects, including acquisitions, financing, concept design and planning, entitlement approvals, construction administration, leasing and marketing, and operations.
What you’ll do
- Market analyses, including geographical and financial feasibility of real estate markets
- Underwriting, including financial modeling and risk/reward pro forma analyses of new development and debt opportunities in NY, DC, and Boston.
- Coordinate and assist in securing entitlements by identifying regulatory requirements and preparing entitlement applications
- Coordinate and assist with community outreach efforts
- Assist in the preparation of project status and variance reports for investor and internal purposes
- Organize and track due diligence documentation for land development acquisitions
- Assist in preparing memorandum for investment committee and construction financing commitments
- Prepare development pro forma and perform financial feasibility and sensitivity analysis
- Coordinate and prepare market reports, including rent and operating expense analysis, land and existing sale comps, pipeline activity, and economic and employment indicators
- Maintain and track project schedules, milestones, and timelines
- Coordinate and track development team meetings, action items, and minutes
- Coordinate with other Carmel departments including Construction, Finance and Residential Services to successfully secure projects
- Attend work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ relevant experience in real estate development and/or project management (MBA or MRED may substitute for experience)
- Experience managing or coordinating projects, meeting deadlines and budgets, and coordinating the efforts of team members
- Familiarity with design and development concepts, product types, and phases
- Strong understanding of real estate finance, underwriting, and valuation methods
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Your Compensation & Benefits:
Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits.
Benefits play a key role in your choice of employer. Our portfolio of health benefits, time off benefits, paid parental leave, and wellness programs and perks are designed to ensure that you are healthy and comfortable.
Hiring during Covid -19: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic via Zoom and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice.