To support Strategy & Corporate Development Managers and Directors with strategic and financial analyses for enterprise and business unit strategies, Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) activities, and other departmental initiatives. This is an Analyst position with significant leadership exposure in Caterpillar’s Strategy & Corporate Development group.
JOB DUTIES: The Strategy & Corporate Develop Analyst will be expected to:
Assist in the development of strategic and opportunity analyses for strategy and M&A projects
Analyze data, develop appropriate business and financial models, synthesize insights and develop recommendations
Drive insights-based conclusions from integrating results from multiple workstreams, and identifying patterns in disparate datasets
Gather industry data and competitive information from external sources and internal Caterpillar business units
Create reports and presentations as assigned by Strategy & Corporate Development Managers and Directors as necessary
Participate in strategy and M&A teams as necessary and manage meeting material as required
Have, or be able to quickly develop, an understanding of Caterpillar’s business, practices, systems, and procedures
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written presentation abilities to communicate complex strategic topics in easy-to-understand ways
Show flexibility to travel both domestically and occasionally internationally (will vary by project).
The Strategy & Corporate Development Analyst will provide strategic and financial analysis support to the team and will primarily be measured through the review of their results and ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment serving internal customers. This position will demonstrate knowledge of economics, finance and strategic management, have good communication skills, close attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills.
- Qualified candidates must have completed the 2020 Summer Associate Program with Caterpillar
- This position requires a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Students currently enrolled who will graduate with their MBA by August 2020 are also eligible.
- 2-4 years in management consulting or a strategy related role; finance professionals with strong exposure to strategic decision making (investment banking / management, private equity, etc.) are welcome to apply
- Good interpersonal skills, self-driven, a global mindset, effective communicator, responsive, and the ability to handle ambiguity
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers