Product Manager III
Portland, OR, US, 97218
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
CDK is a pioneer in dealership management, delivering solutions that help over 30,000 vehicle dealerships connect and serve their customers and accelerate digital transformation. We build software and manage data that represents 3% of US GDP. CDK is passionate about building the next generation of dealership software. We are at the forefront of innovation in the automotive industry, from creating new capabilities for connected vehicles to developing the next generation of digital retailing.
CDK is looking for a Product Manager III who has successfully led agile teams to deliver software and technology solutions. As the Product Manager III for Vehicle Service, you will define the roadmap and manage execution of deliverables for the Vehicle Service applications. In that role, you will collaborate with teams and other stakeholders to ensure consistent and continuous delivery of value to customers.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management for Vehicle Service, the Product Manager III will actively engage customers and other external & internal stakeholders to identify opportunities, set priorities, and manage a roadmap that achieves business and market objectives by increasing addressable market and delighting customers.
The ideal candidate for this role has a background in enterprise software, strong technical and business acumen, and ability to transform high level market needs into actionable requirements (user stories).
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Manage the entire product life cycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases. Create, maintain and communicate product roadmaps.
- Own the product and sprint backlogs for your sprint team. You will collect product requirements, author user stories, lead sprint team planning sessions, run stand-up meetings / showcases / retrospectives, and collaborate with your team to continuously improve velocity and quality, and to support the product vision.
- Collaborate with R&D to translate market requirements into innovative new technology and with Support & Implementation to deliver solutions that have fast time-to-value and accelerate time-to-revenue.
- Work as a key member of a Launch Team to coordinate all activities required to prepare the product for a successful launch.
- Monitor and analyze product performance including product profitability, actual to planned revenue, customer satisfaction and market share.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in product management.
- Agile experience and functional competency with Jira or equivalent tools.
- Detail and action oriented to deliver projects in an iterative fashion and drive initiatives to completion.
- Demonstrated experience identifying market problems and delivering profitable solutions to address.
- Strong combination of technology and business skills.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills.
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable.
- Curiosity and data-driven approach to understanding new market dynamics and fostering a learning organization that can capitalize on new insights to deliver fast innovations to market.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Product Manager, Computer Science, Cloud, Marketing, Operations, Technology