The Director, Ethernet Connectivity Product will be responsible for end to end lifecycle management of our Ethernet Transport Services including ENS, EPL and EVPL. He/she will work across the Comcast Business organization, Engineering, Systems Development and engage outside vendors while representing assigned products. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Ethernet Connectivity Product Management, he/she will be a key member of the Comcast Business Ethernet Product team.
– Develop Strategic Vision for Ethernet Transport Services while evaluating Pricing, Product Offer and SLAs.
– Model reliability and financial implications of network improvement on Transport as a service
– Work closely with Engineering partners to align continued network improvement with updated performance characteristics of product set
-Participate in RFP Review for Ethernet Connectivity Products group overall
-Coordinate Device Strategy to ensure delivery of continued increases in availability and bandwidth
– Serves as a subject-matter expert for assigned products within the Ethernet Connectivity Portfolio
-Be a strategic leader that is also laser-focused on operations; someone that gets the “big picture”, but also sweats the details.
– Develop and manage products and features that help our customers run their businesses; understand what’s happening in the world, and how we can help our customers respond to it
– Partner with our cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Care, etc.) to continually improve upon the existing product and ensure superb go-to-market execution of new products, services and features.
– Lead a data-driven approach to our products, presenting and making KPI-based recommendations on product performance to our leadership team
– Evaluates and ensures the viability of new product ideas in the context of the organization’ s strengths and capabilities, production capability, quality, costs, and marketplace demand.
– Advises staff on clear documentation of new product ideas and reviews user need analysis reports.
– Develops goals and strategic business plans. Recommends ways to expand sales and profitability.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– 5+ years’ work experience in product management, management consulting, or other related fields, especially dealing with connectivity products and hardware
– Familiarity with Fiber and Ethernet Services and surrounding environments, including provisioning, back-office and operational tools a major plus.
– Top notch communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), that will allow you to be a key storyteller for Comcast Business; comfortable speaking with all levels, from the most senior executives to front line employees
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA/MS a plus
How We Work:
All product managers across the Comcast Business Product Management team share several core values:
– We are go-getters that don’t sit by: we act.
– We are collaborative and are easily able to work with large cross-functional teams. But, if a decision needs to be made, we are not afraid to make the tough call.
– We solve problems and find solutions.
– We think big.
– We bring energy and excitement every day.
– We manage what is going on in our world today but keep an eye to prepare for what is coming.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
– Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
– Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
– Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
– Drive results and growth.
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
– Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer