Dell Technologies Services
Supply Chain Optimization & Analytics Internship-Summer – Austin/Round Rock, TX
Are you passionate about working for a company with an unparalleled commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities?
This internship will support the global planning methodology, parameters setting, development and testing. The intern will focus on supporting the Global Service Parts organization’s (GSP) planning processes to improve the network configuration, demand predictability, and optimize inventory across all locations. The GSP Organization consists of procurement, forecasting, reverse logistics, repair, reporting, inventory and network optimization, and management of the supply chain for service parts and warranty events. The intern should preferably have experience in supply chain applications of operations research.
About The Department
Manages and coordinates supply chain activities across multiple teams and geographies. Performs as the Program Manager for all procurement functions necessary to set-up, forecast, procure and deliver materials for factories. Develops and maintains relationships with cross-functional development and sustaining teams. Creates and manages integrated supply chain processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics as well as outside suppliers. Focuses resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis. Performs as the Program Manager for all procurement functions necessary to set-up, forecast, procure and deliver materials for Dell or ODM factories. Focuses resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
What You’ll Do
· Conduct and/or manages strategic supply chain analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain.
· Work closely with other functional areas to develop supply chains for new and existing products.
· Coordinate activities globally to prevent material shortages and react quickly to material shortages.
· Work with regional demand teams to plan pre-production and production materials.
· Partner with Global Commodity Managers for product sourcing decisions.
· Represent procurement on product development teams to ensure “design to value” analysis is done throughout product lifecycle and help manage/reduce supply chain complexity.
· Provide procurement expertise to ensure optimized supply chain strategies and business plans are in place for assigned products and to ensure best cost and COS.
· Lead World-Wide Procurement and regional extended teams to ensure risk mitigation plan is in place for any identified supply chain risks.
· Track procurement deliverables within Phase Review Process.
· Drive supply chain cost reduction initiatives.
· Negotiate supplier cost reductions.
· Prepare cost forecasts and business reviews.
· Responsible for domestic and international delivery processes.
· Manage supplier to Global Inventory Control Policy.
Who You Are
· First-year MBA student with 3+ years of relevant experience and a concentration on Supply Chain, Business Management, General Business, International business, Entrepreneurship
· Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
· Excellent in business intelligence, analytics and reporting skills
· Understand Online Business/Support
· Must be comfortable working with global teams spread across multiple global regions
· Previous experience and ability to frequently interact with VP’s, Executive Directors, Directors, Senior level managers, peers, project/program managers, operations, marketing, finance, and other internal & external customers
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities—all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
What Makes Us Special
Our people strategy is designed to help us attract the world’s greatest talent and deliver breakthrough performance for our customers, our business and our team members. Our goal is to ensure that Dell is a compelling destination where team members feel valued, engaged and inspired to do their best work.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!