The Marketing Lead Data Analyst will have a direct impact on growing the DISH business. This includes helping us optimize performance in current DISH subscriber acquisitions and in supporting new lines of business including DISH Outdoors, DISH Business, In-Home Services, and more as DISH continues to drive the future of entertainment and interactivity. We’re looking for those with the capability and desire to position themselves and the DISH business for rapid growth.
Initially, the position will focus on producing accurate, effective campaign lists that incorporate all available data (e.g. lead tracking, household data, competitive intelligence, predictive models) to improve our effectiveness in targeting consumers. The role will evolve to help automate these processes over time and to work closely with customer acquisition leads to create and manage strategies aimed at maximizing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. This includes designing client-focused reporting to make recommendations on campaign pivots.
As part of the Marketing Analytics team, the Marketing Lead Data Analyst will be responsible for building campaign segmentation, program analysis and predictive analytics to support activities in the marketing organization. This can include using advanced statistical targeting models, participating in development and maintenance of analytic infrastructure, rigorous program analysis, creating and running advanced queries and reports, and performing customer analyses.
Finally, this role will be involved in the documentation and standardization of data acquisition, model building, list targeting, and audits.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
More detailed duties include:
- Leverage SQL development skills to perform full-lifecycle data mining activities including requirements analysis, data quality assessment, data profiling, design and development of analytic data sets, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) from both relational databases and flat-file sources.
- Build, test, and evaluate predictive models for campaign response, customer value, churn, product take-rate, and more.
- Assess and advise on the purchase of new data sources to improve model development.
- Provide support for ad hoc analytical projects, including customer-level analysis, segmentation analysis, product affinity and customer profiling analysis.
- Work with unstructured data sets and cleanse that data to make a recommendation, using various tools like AWS, Teradata and SQL server.
- Leverage digital marketing analytics expertise to execute, design, optimize, and measure digital marketing efforts.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
Job Skills/Qualifications / Experience
- MBA or MS in Statistics, Math or related fields OR Undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related fields and 3-4 years of relevant experience
- 2+years with SQL and database skills in Teradata, AWS, and/or SQL Server databases.
- Proficiency in R/Python/Amazon SageMaker/SAS or other complex analytical tool, Tableau or other data mining/visualization software, and digital marketing programs such as Adobe Audience Manager, Liveramp, Facebook, or Invoca
- Experience in predictive modeling (logistic regression, neural nets, decision trees, etc.) and proficiency in designing, implementing, and evaluating test designs including recommending test sizes, structure, and timing
- Experience with both technical and non-technical presentations of analytic results.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment; ability to work well under pressure; ability to execute aggressive deadlines under changing business dynamics.