DISH Business thrives on creating strategic partnerships and working with some of the most exciting companies to connect people to the TV they love. We deliver premium entertainment experiences for companies large and small. From enterprise-level hospitality platforms to instant-on managed WiFi, our teams work to put our product in the hands of people all over the country, however they want it.
We work with companies’ existing infrastructure to provide customized solutions and drive demand for our services far into the future.
DISH Business has experienced significant growth in the commercial market over the past few years and expects to continue growing. While exciting, this adds complexity and challenges to our business. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a critical role in the continued growth of the DISH Business team. The product management team develop and support a variety of existing and new video and internet related technologies. We’re looking for someone who is intellectual and willing to take initiative to learn about new products and technologies while collaborating with a team to integrate those technologies into solutions that will define the future of Dish Business. If you like figuring out how products work and often ask how you can make products better or you are obsessed with improving the customer experience, then this role is for you!
As a Product Manager, you will serve as the internal and external champion for the Commercial organization. Your day to day will be managing internal and external relationships to deliver product roadmap requirements. Responsibilities include identifying and analyzing industry and market trends, analyzing and synthesizing internal data and processes, identifying products to meet new markets, and cross functional coordination within Dish and with external vendors. You should be comfortable communicating within all areas of the company as well as with external partners and vendors. A desire to self-start projects and take initiative is a must.
The Product Manager I will be responsible for the development of products to drive growth in Dish’s Enterprise, Airline, Multi-Family, and Public/Private sector. This is a vital role in the ongoing development of DISH subscriber and revenue growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the business by monitoring and driving performance across established business metrics (subscribers, revenue, operations, etc.)
- Research, interpret and analyze current market and industry trends and competitive environment for the purpose of defining new portfolio of products and services and outlining a clear roadmap.
- Ownership of the planning, development, design, and implementation of assigned program or product launch across development teams (Manufacturing, IT, operations, retention, sales, marketing, customer support and fulfillment, etc.).
- Develop business plans to support roadmap recommendations to executive management including the launch of new features, products, benefits, options, and opportunities
- Contribute to the strategy of how DISH Commercial Services sells into referenced business lines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and explore ways to grow the business
- Support marketing, commercial sales and commercial operations
- Subject Matter Expert for areas of responsibility
- Research, interpret and analyze current market and industry trends and competitive environment to create DISH as the best in class provider
- Support vendor relationships to ensure road map requirements are met.
- Monitor product performance and stability and outline corrective measures as needed.
A successful Product Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize and work under pressure, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- A desire to research new technologies, creatively conceptualize new products that integrate those new technologies, and make it happen.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize and work under pressure, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to solve ambiguous problems and deliver results despite challenges.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of business principles as well as a technical acumen and ability to synthesize new technology concepts at a fast pace.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures or government policy.
- General understanding of market trends, emerging technology, provider offerings, and relationships. An understanding of LAN and WAN networking concepts, routing protocols, TCP/IP and VoIP is a plus.
- Masters of Business Administration degree from an accredited University
- 5 years of experience managing a product