The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is seeking ambitious, energetic individuals to join its MBA Corporate Strategy and Finance Leadership Development Program (LDP). This three-year rotational program is designed to recruit and develop the next generation of DTE Energy leaders.
As a participant in the program you will:
- Work on challenging, high-profile projects that support corporate strategic priorities across many of the company’s business units, addressing the complex challenges facing the energy industry today.
- Receive extensive formal and informal training and mentorship to learn about the energy industry and hone analytical, communication, problem-solving, continuous improvement, and leadership skills.
- Gain significant experience with DTE Energy business units and exposure to senior leaders.
Upon completion of the program, and subject to satisfactory performance, you will move into meaningful and exciting roles within the company based on your interests and company needs. You will continue to receive extensive mentorship, learning development, and support as you progress through your career at the company.
Program participants will spend at least one year in both Corporate Strategy and Corporate Finance, with the exact amount of time driven by business needs and participant interests.
The Corporate Strategy team, based in Ann Arbor and Detroit, serves as the company’s internal management consulting organization. The group leads engagements that typically last from three to six months supporting senior management’s most strategic priorities across the utilities and corporate functions.
The Corporate Finance team, based in Detroit, has primary responsibility for corporate growth and value creation, including corporate mergers and acquisitions, capital project reviews, dividend policy, financing strategy assessments, and valuation analyses. The group also provides financial analysis support to cross-functional projects that provide participants with exposure to nearly all of the corporate organizations.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
We seek candidates who are pursuing an MBA degree from a top-tier business school. A technical or quantitative undergraduate degree is a plus. A minimum of three to four years of progressive work experience is required, along with the following demonstrated skills and personal characteristics:
- Strong quantitative and modeling capability
- An aptitude for and interest in financial analysis
- The ability to understand and analyze complex business issues
- The ability to clearly communicate results to senior management
- The ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- A high level of maturity, integrity, confidence, intellectual curiosity, initiative taking, the ability to get agreement/buy-in, and a team-oriented work ethic
The physical demands characterized in the attached essential and marginal job functions epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performs job duties in a climate controlled office environment, with a moderate noise level.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.