Full Job Description
Faegre Drinker has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst to work with our Finance team in our Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago or downtown Indianapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing business operation financial reporting & analysis including financial components of the lawyer and consultant compensation process. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
- Provide assistance, review, report, and calculate bonuses for the annual lawyer and consultant compensation processes, as well as input on process enhancements and updates.. Provide ad hoc financial and management reporting to firm management, lawyers, consultants, and other firm personnel on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Perform data extraction and create specialized reporting using tools such as Intellistat, PowerBI, SQL, and Excel.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of the firm’s financial performance including identifying trends and variances related to production, pricing, realization, profitability, and expense control.
- Develop new and high-profile analyses for presentations and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain management reporting systems and perform analysis of the business operation.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Strong commitment to client service
- Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office
- Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Opportunity to participate in firm-sponsored volunteer events
- Wellness programming with personalized content and activities
- Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields
- Variety of health plan options, including wellness programs, and dental, vision and 401(k) plans
- Generous paid time off
- Fully Flexible
- Four-year degree in either Accounting/Finance or a business discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical environment required; Experience with a professional services and/or law firm preferred
- Extensive experience creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets and databases, building financial modules and conducting financial analysis required
- MBA, CPA or equivalent professional certification is helpful
- Experience using Elite/Intellistat, SQL, and PowerBI is helpful
Faegre Drinker is a top 50 firm designed for clients. With more than 1,300 experienced attorneys, consultants and professionals in 21 locations across the United States, United Kingdom and China, we partner with clients ranging from emerging startups to multinational corporations, delivering comprehensive and customized advice to advance their most ambitious business objectives. Our culture is firmly rooted in relentless client focus and mutual trust that empowers collaboration. We are committed to our communities and to building a diverse and inclusive firm that reflects those communities and our clients. Bolstered by our collective history, Faegre Drinker moves boldly into the future, investing in the talent, technology and innovation to continually provide clients with exceptional service, collaborative experiences, innovative approaches and value.
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Full-Time / Part-Time
Number of Openings