Galderma, the world’s largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio to treat a range of dermatological conditions. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin.
For more information, please visit www.galderma.com/us.
The Brand Manager, US Innovation is responsible for helping to identify and develop innovation and growth opportunities for the skincare category. A key part of this role will be leading the new product development process, creating and executing the go-to-market strategy, plans, and programs to achieve the Consumer business unit’s growth ambitions in both the short and long term.
- Execute the strategic innovation pipeline from concept to launch under the Head of Innovation.
- Participate in a cross-functional innovation project teams delivering against key project milestones, communicating within the project team, and presenting the project to the leadership team.
- Partner with the Associate Director, Innovation to develop a strong business case for each innovation, including 3 year P&Ls that demonstrate positive impact on net sales, margin and profit, aligned with Global Consumer Head and Global Head of Cetaphil along with US Consumer Leadership.
- Assist in the development and execution of brand strategies for new product launches, as well as packaging updates, reformulations and other product improvements.
- Assist in the development of “innovation toolkits” and support go-to-market execution for new product innovation.
- Author various product development Contract Manufacturing briefs and creative agency briefs to support new product ideas or new creative assets to support new products.
- Help prepare for key customer meetings to share key innovation.
- Track competitive launches and present key insights and implications for the Cetaphil pipeline to the Associate Director and consumer leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field, required, MBA is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum five (5) years CPG or OTC experience in leading consumer goods or health care company.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in skin care or relevant personal care category.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in new product development, from ideation to deployment to markets – ideally including commercialization.
- Experience managing a brand with a track record of driving share and penetration growth.
- Experience in matrix organization, influencing, collaborating with large cross-functional teams including global and regional marketing.
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas and concepts.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
Other Important Information
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
- Domestic travel is estimated at 10-20%
- International travel is estimated at less than 10%
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Reference: 203000047