Full Job Description
- Draft and negotiate master service agreements, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, sponsored research agreements, license agreements, laboratory services agreements, confidential disclosure agreements and various other agreements, using department templates, playbooks and guidance documents to meet the scientific and business needs of assigned departments in Research organization.
- Independently draft and negotiate the aforementioned agreements ranging from low to moderately high complexity and work with manager, as needed, on non-routine agreements or high complexity agreements.
- Directly support several Research departments, and act as the single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, for all contractual matters for such departments. Resolve all contractual issues with direction, as needed, from manager, Legal or business for assigned departments.
- Ensure that agreements comply with all applicable Research/Genentech policies and procedures with input from manager, legal, or business, as needed.
- Ensure that payment and other obligations under executed agreements are handled appropriately; work with Vendor Finance to submit license and other fees for processing in a timely manner.
- Provide all data and statistical reporting (including budget reporting) for contracts to assigned Research departments.
- General alliance management responsibilities are required, including:
- Reviewing fully executed agreements to determine effective/expirations dates, identifying and tracking reporting or other contractual obligations under such agreements;
- Handle all execution and post-execution processing of agreements, including recording agreements in database, milestone payments, filing agreements with Records, compiling tax forms, initiating P.O.’s and submitting invoices.
- Data entry in the relevant databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, business, or legal discipline.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years contract experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech and/or university setting or 1 year contract experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech and/or university setting with a PhD, MBA or JD.
- General understanding of data protection laws a plus.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, provide excellent customer service to our internal stakeholders and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must leverage critical thinking skills to be able to creatively solve most problems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with scientists, attorneys, contract negotiators, and industry executives.
- Working understanding of legal issues, including but not limited to, intellectual property, indemnity, and confidentiality issues.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, team player attitude, high work ethic and reliable.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases and enterprise business systems.
- Proficient with standard office suites such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Applications (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.).
- BA, BS, MBA or JD degree in a scientific, business, or legal discipline.
- Work experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech and/or university setting.