- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience leading marketing strategy development and cross-functional execution.
- Experience leading a team, delegating work effectively and managing performance expectations.
- Experience in working with SMBs (head, torso).
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional environment, develop a strategy and secure support across partner teams.
- Understanding of Google Ads product.
- Strategic thinker with understanding of marketing fundamentals to drive growth (positioning, messaging, segmentation, retention, A/B testing).
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Global Mid Market team aims to deliver experiences that make customers feel Google knows their business, is listening to their needs, and is high priority trusted partner to help them grow. As the Growth Lead, you’ll own the global marketing strategy for same-store growth of businesses using Google Ads. You’ll lead a team to develop deep customer insights and market understanding of our highest spending SMBs, and you’ll turn those insights into strategic marketing activations. You’ll manage business growth initiatives that help our advertisers understand their performance and inspire them to take action. The work is cross-functional so you’ll partner closely with leaders on sales, product, and marketing to ensure we create the optimal experience for our customers.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Reach goals, analyze data to tell performance story, and identifying insights for improving growth of customers.
- Manage a team product marketing managers; explore new mediums and channels to reach our customers at global scale, Connect with teams to ensure the customer journey is cohesive across scaled and high-touch touch-points.
- Partner with product leaders to deliver new or optimized in-product experiences to increase conversion, active use and ongoing use of the product among customers.
- Serve as the marketing expert for sales programs reaching our customer segment (MMS, SBS, UMM); meet with global sales leadership to communicate updates and align priorities.
- Work with vertical marketing teams to design and launch strategic initiatives to our customer segment.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.