Full Job Description
Harris is seeking a Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst to work closely with the Senior Management team in continuing the company’s success in mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity.
The preference is for a candidate in Niagara Falls, NY, Denver, CO, or Ottawa, ON, however, very strong remote candidates across North America will be considered.
What your impact will be:
- Directly solicit and engage companies for acquisition: identify, research, and cold call target companies
- Information gathering and Q&A with prospect companies;
- Detailed bottom-up, multi-scenario financial modelling. Successful candidate will have strong proficiency in MS Excel and financial analysis.
- Manage the due diligence process including financial analysis, risk assessment, market analysis and customer reviews
- Preparing business summaries, investment memos, commentary, and responding to detailed Q&A from our internal stakeholders;
- Participate in post-acquisition integration activity with both operations and finance teams
- Provide financial analytical support to the senior management team
- Special projects & ad hoc reporting as required
- Some travel will be required
What we are looking for:
To meet this challenge, you must possess a high level of initiative and energy as required to succeed in a fast-paced evolving environment, as well as several of the following skills:
- Two years of direct experience in a similar role, corporate finance, investment analysis or M&A activity
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance, or a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) or CFA
- Demonstrable experience in Business Development with an aptitude for sales, lead generation and mining of new business opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel coupled with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Strong initiative to work independently
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A casual work environment
- Full range of employee benefits 401(k), Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- Paid Vacation
Working for Harris is the perfect opportunity to fulfill your professional goals as well as achieve your personal goals and dreams! We are a financially strong, and rapidly growing company that offers employees the opportunity to learn and have fun! We empower our employees to make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the organization!
Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that offers comfort while providing superior service to our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefit package as well as other additional “Perks”!