Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2019, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.
Houlihan Lokey’s Industrials Group has earned a reputation for providing superior service and achieving outstanding results in M&A advisory, capital raising, restructuring, and valuation.
Our transaction quality and client work benefit from our company culture, where senior bankers are highly engaged in the execution of client projects, and from our experience as leaders in the market for over a decade, which has given our professionals valuable exposure to a variety of situations and challenges. In 2019, our Industrials Group was once again ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. industrial transactions.
Houlihan Lokey hires associates to work specifically as part of the Corporate Finance group within industry aligned teams, assisting with a variety of investment banking services and transactions. This position will be based in Houlihan Lokey’s Minneapolis office, working with their established team of Industrial Group bankers. Corporate Finance a ssociates support new business development and investment banking engagements by:
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Preparing M&A marketing materials and other client presentations
- Analyzing historical and projected financial information
- Valuing companies and businesses
- Coordinating transaction execution and performing business due diligence
- Managing and supervising junior banking team members
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and as such, rewards high performing team members that are driven to succeed with substantial responsibility. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative and outgoing, and possess:
- At least one year of investment banking or similar experience
- An undergraduate degree with academic distinction (MBA not required, but viewed favorably)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance
- Extensive financial modeling experience and computer skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- The ability to manage multiple projects and hit deadlines
- An independent, solutions-focused mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.