The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for forecasting and demand management activities associated with both internal and external customers, and products globally. This person captures historical trends, manages exceptions, and creates and maintains forecast models incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance and other sources. In managing these inputs, the Demand Planning Manager is ultimately accountable for presenting a total demand picture to drive collaboration between demand stakeholders within the consensus planning process.
The Demand Planning Manager leads the consensus demand planning process and serves as the integration point for sales, commercial and supply chain organizations. In this role they are responsible for creating necessary databases, downloads, and reporting to support process activities. As a leader in the consensus demand planning process the Demand Planning Manager will facilitate stakeholder meetings; directing participants towards collaboration and consensus in finalizing the demand forecast as well as identifying supporting demand drivers and assumptions. At times they will be called on to present a formal demand plan to the executive team including identifying key assumptions and decisions needing approval. The Demand Planning Manager also participates in the supply chain demand/supply gap reviews and helps prepare key messaging to Sales and Operations Planning leaders.
- Develop operational and revenue demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation and regions across both long and mid-range time horizons
- Develop and maintain forecasting models using various modeling tools
- Review historical sales trends, manage outlier data points, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results using root cause analysis and correction
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile forecast variances and assumptions across Sales, Marketing, statistical and other demand inputs/drivers.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to align on and incorporate demand forecast drivers and assumptions.
- Engage with supply chain and new product development teams to drive focus on products with key growth factors and operational constraints
- Assist with design and implementation of demand planning tools and processes.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in creating a fulfillment plan and developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Work closely with Commercial Sales both in supplying product consensus forecasts and gleaning customer insights and other key demand drivers
- Coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Utilize key performance metrics for improving forecast accuracy and S&OP effectiveness with a focus on continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years of demand planning experience, preferably with SAP/IBP Demand Planning module
- Direct experience in working with DP implementation and process improvement preferred
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in data analytics and Tableau reporting preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Experience in leading and facilitating demand reviews and other consensus-related meetings
- Demonstrated initiative, solid judgment and creativity in overcoming obstacles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to interface well at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with cross-functional teammates
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve planning problems independently and collaboratively with co-workers
- BA/BS in Data Analytics, Business, Economics, Operations Management. MBA preferred
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf