IC MBA Impact Fellowship – Summer 2021
Summer 2021 Job Posting
Title: Summer 2021 Inspiring Capital MBA Impact Fellowship
Inspiring Capital (IC)’s mission is to guide people to meaningful lives. IC exists to give others the permission, invitations, tools, guidance, inspiration, and accountability that we all want and need to grow purposefully toward our wholehearted potential. So that, together, we can build healthier, fairer, more inclusive, equitable, just, and regenerative teams, organizations, societies, and economies.
IC is a certified B Corporation that offers learning and development services for professionals and the organizations. We use a Fellowship approach, blending individual, peer, and expert learning, reflection, and practice to guide participants’ behavior change. IC Fellows report feeling more purposeful and motivated as a result of their learnings in our programs.
IC MBA Impact Fellowship Description:
Now in its eighth year, the Inspiring Capital MBA Impact Fellowship is a professional development opportunity that provides knowledge, tools, and community for MBAs committed to using their business education as a force for good. The program is fully virtual, designed to complement any summer internship, regardless of location, industry, or project assignment.
IC Fellows benefit from:
– Self-paced learning and reflection (1-3 hours / week)
– Expert webinars with speakers across sectors, industries, and backgrounds (~45 minutes / week)
– Facilitated peer learning with like-minded, purpose-driven MBAs (~45 minutes / week)
– Project support to enhance internship performance, including deliverable templates, expert introductions, and advisory conversations (per Fellow need and interest)
Main Job Description:
Committed to a career of purpose and impact?
Inspiring Capital’s MBA Impact Fellowship — now in its 8th year — is a highly selective, 10-week virtual program that gives participants over 50+ hours of learning, reflection, and practice to grow purposefully into a high-impact professional. Topics covered include latest thinking and practice in social and environmental impact, as well as the skills and personal development tools required to navigate a successful purpose-driven career.
The Fellowship enhances Fellows’ learning and performance during their summer internships, while also providing the lifelong tools required to navigate the less-traveled path of an impact-oriented career after your MBA.
Who should apply?
Applicants for Inspiring Capital’s Impact MBA Fellowship must be first-year MBA students who are committed to growing purposefully in both their work and life. Candidates do not have to have formal experience in the social sector or personal development, but we do screen.
Our admissions process is highly selective. Successful applicants:
· Have a sincere and demonstrated commitment to purpose
· Are curious, flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
· Work smart and have impeccable professional standards
· Would be awesome companions if stranded in an airport for 12 hours
The 2021 Fellowship runs virtually from May 31 – August 13, 2021.
The MBA Impact Fellowship is valued at $2,020. Payment options include:
· External Sponsorship- The full $2,020 is either paid by the Fellow’s university or summer employer as a professional development opportunity
· IC Scholarship- Between 12-15 Fellows are selected by the IC Team annually through our recruiting and interview process to be awarded a field-building scholarships to take part in the IC MBA Impact Fellowship.
· Self-Enrollment- If you do not receive a scholarship offer, but still desire to take part in this program. Contact the IC Team at Sarah@inspiringcapital.ly to be considered for a paid spot at our student rate.
Additionally, we can support scholarship Fellows in securing a paid or pro bono impact-related internship, as well as supporting MBA students at-large in securing additional funding from your school’s Career Office or Social Enterprise program,
Application Deadline: December 18th, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET
“I found a greater sense of purpose this summer because of the Inspiring Capital experience. I learned so much from my cohort mates and from the weekly seminars. Inspiring Capital helped to really clarify not only my why, but how to actualize it.” – Emmanuel, USC, 2020 MBA Fellow
Interested candidates should complete the application found here:
Additional Information & Live Webinars with Alumni
Learn more by visiting: https://www.inspiringcapital.ly/fellowship/mba/ or by watching the Informational Webinar recording to learn more about Summer 2021 IC MBA Impact Fellowship details, program adjustments, and logistics – https://youtu.be/Wc457_P5mIw
Or by registering to attend a live, IC-led Fall 2020 Content Webinar:
· Webinar #1– Behind the Scenes: Working and Living as an IC Fellow. Thurs, Oct 8th, 6-7pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAkfumsrTorH9xA4XAXmu9_3nGZlLMhL4dk
· Webinar #2– Starting With Me: Driving Impact through Personal Development Work. Thurs, Oct 15th, 5-6pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAqf-moqzIqEtQHkmLVEmuR_xkmY0w_GjDs
· Webinar #3– Impact Careers in Social Enterprise and Not-For-Profit after a Summer with IC. Thurs, Oct 22nd, 6-7pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwscOCsrTojHtc_6KSjMLyUAXoVFyZASj-R
· Webinar #4– Benefits of Adding a Professional Development Fellowship to Your Summer. Thurs, Nov 5th, 5-6pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtc-yvqz8oG9BeMpN6RVF0q6BvHVnrs3fy
· Webinar #5– Impact Careers in For-Profits after a Summer with IC. Thurs, Nov 12th, 5-6pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpdumhrjIvHNYuL0r_cIOu0fZzKRBM-QmZ
· Webinar #6– Behind the Scenes: Working and Living as an IC Fellow. Fri, Dec 4th, 4-5pm ET. Register here- https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwkfu6qpzwuHtyhhG0yjs94LkvThkzyRwV4