Land O’Lakes is a member owned cooperative that starts with our commitment to helping our Farmers and Growers. We are an innovative company filled with boundless thinkers and doers. Our future growth relies on continuing to bring in extraordinary talent like you, who are looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Take pride in working with some of America’s leading and favorite brands including Land O’ Lakes butter and cheese, Vermont Creamery and Kozy Shack in Dairy Foods, to Purina and Mazuri in Purina Animal Nutrition, to crop inputs in WinField United.
When you join our team you’ll see first-hand the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
As a Marketing Summer Intern you will be provided hands on experience across various aspects of one of our three divisions.
- Dairy Foods. National dairy brand with extremely high brand recognition across key dairy product categories, plus Kozy Shack refrigerated desserts and Vermont Creamery
- Animal Nutrition. Purina animal feed division serves lifestyle companion and livestock animals via high performance nutrition. Also feeds zoo animals worldwide
- Crop Inputs. WinField United is a manufacturer and distributor of row crop seeds and crop protection products. We are also a leading ag technology company driving digital connections for a comprehensive agronomy offer that closes the yield gap with growers of tomorrow and ag retailers.
Positions are available in our B2B as well as B2C businesses.
During your summer internship you will be given real world, business critical projects that will test your ability to think strategically, glean insights from data, and deliver a recommendation to our business leadership.
Additionally, you will engage with the marketing community across all levels through a full schedule of informal networking and social events.
Some potential projects may include, assessing market opportunities, assisting in development of marketing mix strategies, developing pricing, distribution and trade strategies, competitive analyses, assisting in development of new products, packaging or promotions
Required Experience and Education:
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a high teaming environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be results oriented.
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- A current MBA student, marketing or general management focus preferred.
- Previous related business experience desirable but not required.
- Proficiency is expected in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Cover letters are required when applying for this internship.