Full Job Description
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
Trade Spending Management:
- Support trade spending budget and monitor actual spending v. forecast.
- Maintain full year trade spending expense by category and customer, above and below the line – trade deals, BOGOs, Rollbacks and displays, and by month.
- Work closely with head of field sales to monitor trade spend and identify areas of risk or opportunity.
- Document opportunities and risks to trade spending plans.
- Perform financial analysis on promotional funding request from field sales (ROI, Net Sales Lift, Cost per incremental unit, etc.).
- Present to General Managers and Division President latest sales estimates and summarize variances to official targets.
- Play financial role in annual budgeting process, particularly in areas of trade spending. Specific emphases on trade spend strategy and allocation of funds.
- Analyze trade promotion results by (1) account, (2) type of event, (2) versus other accounts and (3) channel.
- Develop promotion evaluation methodology for accounts with no syndicated or POS data.
- Develop tool for Field Sales to evaluate various trade promotion options (“ROI model”).
- Perform “what if” modeling on various trade spending options.
- Analyze post-promotion KPIs. Compare to forecast and share learnings with Field Sales and Marketing.
- Utilize Trade Promotions KPIs to forecast future performance and evaluate various promotional options.
- Ensure trade promotion liability is accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Prepare and validate presentations for Senior Management (Trend/ Budget Alignment, Monthly Zone meetings)
- Analyze Customer P&Ls used for quarterly TTT meeting
- Provide financial insight Inventory in Trade and perform SISO analysis
- Review opportunities for net price valorization such as price increases, channel mix analysis and format expansion
- Work with internal and external auditors.
- 5+ years of experience in finance preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills required; must have expert-level experience with Excel and Word.
- Financial reporting experience and use of SAP, Hyperion, Lawson GL or similar systems highly desirable.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Potential to train and develop talent as the finance team grows over time
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.