The Product Manager owns the vision and strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for individual products within a product group. Responsibilities include writing stories to define outcomes and product requirements as well as planning and managing product features through the product development process.
This role manages the product backlog while prioritizing work and making product-related decisions based on the needs and expectations of customers and stakeholders.
Although this role is responsible for end-to-end delivery of products, which includes managing the product backlog and prioritizing work for the team, more day-to-day focus is placed on identifying key gaps in product features, capturing product requirements, and defining outcomes or key performance indicators (KPIs).
The individual in this role identifies and manages projects independently while working closely with both internal and external partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 2 years of experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing
- 1 year of experience in product and/or experience management
- Strong writing ability
- Experience in an agile software environment
- Experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Experience working closely with senior leadership
- Experience translating data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree
- CSPO Certification
201 S. College St