Lucas Group is contained on a search with an international manufacturer for a strategic Director of Customer Operations located in Lititz, PA.
Position Summary: The Director of Customer Operation position oversees all areas of customer operation. The Director of Customer Operation will ensure a “Best in Class” customer service organization is created and maintained through implementing solutions to further develop, maintain and improve customer experience, satisfaction and loyalty. As a key member of the Operations leadership team, this position will be responsible for aligning the performance of their organization to overall strategic and operational plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Attract, develop, motivate, and retain top quality talent – lead team to maximize their potential and strategically upgrade overall potential, skills and capabilities.
- Ensure our operations are continually focused on productivity enhancements through automation and innovation.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to maximize revenues and customer loyalty.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting customer care function.
- Monitor business and process metrics to measure and manage customer service effectiveness.
- Review and approve the staffing structure and workload of each location taking into account the needs of the customer base.
- Develop succession plans and ensure a pool of individuals is trained and capable of taking on additional responsibilities.
- Active involvement in and ownership to achieve a world class Customer Support Operation and improve service levels through consistent processes that drive efficiency and productivity.
- Liaise with and act as a key (escalation) contact and interface for key customers and other internal departments.
- Participation in cross-functional projects.
- Limited travel as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related.
- 10+ years’ working in a lead role in a customer operations capacity.
- 5+ years’ experience in people management.
- Data-driven decision making ability.
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning.
- Strong project communication, management and organizational skills.
- Fundamental IT knowledge (ERP – Oracle or SAP, MS Office, MS Outlook)
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An advanced degree such as an MBA
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with technical support
- Experience in international environment
- Experience of using quality and lean tools an advantage
- Complete insurance coverage starting on first day of employment – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and Holiday pay