The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented graduates, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
As an Associate Managing Consultant, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world’s biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more. While working in close-knit teams, you will partner closely with senior stakeholders and be given real responsibility to make an impact for your clients from day one. In this setting, you will learn quickly and gain exposure to diverse business issues, gaining the experience required to lead key client engagements.
At the start of your career with Mastercard, you will have the opportunity to build a broader set of skills and master a wider array of content. This will inject more flexibility into your career path and at the same time make for an engaging journey.
- Lead small and large project teams to solve our clients’ most challenging strategic problems through data-driven solutions
- Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize the analysis into clear, sound recommendations
- Delegate to team members and own the overall project deliverables
- Organize and structure project plans to meet deliverables at the project budget
- Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively develop and share tools, methods and best practices across projects
- Collaborate with motivated peers who are passionate about what they do
- Mentor junior teammates on analytical and technical skill sets
- Build strong relationships with senior-level clients and internal stakeholders to guide impactful decisions
- Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced people leadership team
- Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your existing core consulting skill set
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
- From day 1, have an opportunity for meaningful project leadership contributions, increased responsibility, and professional advancement
All About You
- MBA Candidate with 2021 graduation date
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with prior general work experience, ideally prior consulting experience
- Demonstrable management consulting, financial services, retail / commerce, and/ or project management experience
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to analyze large amounts of data and synthesize key findings and recommendations.
- Strong presence & communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s), where applicable
- Excellent client management & engagement management skills; collaborates well across multiple communication channels.
- Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
- Experience with project and/ or workstream management and clear delegation, task ownership, and task management
- Experience using data analysis or querying tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableau) is an asset
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
- Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
- Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard’s structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
– Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with- a will to win attitude
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard’s values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.