Our audit interns will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
- Obtain exposure to various types of financial statement engagements provided by the firm
- Prepare field work and keep supervisors informed of the engagement status
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners.
- Work effectively within given budgetary parameters
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to various client situations
- Interact with clients virtually to help audit team efficiency
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business and market
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture
This position will be all virtual. Melton & Melton, LLP will provide the equipment necessary to work from home.