Audit or Tax Intern Positions
Job Description for Tax Intern at Melton & Melton, LLP
Our tax interns will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
• Prepare a variety of tax returns and reports of which may include any of the following Federal and State Tax Return: Individual, Corporate, Partnership, Estate, Gift, Trust, Payroll, Forms W-2 and 1099, Texas Franchise, and various other State Returns.
• Complete necessary preparations for scanning work papers into the paperless software for use in completion of the related returns and reports.
• Prepare annual and/or monthly accounting and bookkeeping services using Quick Books and other accounting software.
• Prepare adjustments to client’s internal financial statements in connection with completing the related tax return(s).
• Utilize and develop a basic understanding of various tax programs and tax software.
• Work closely with supervisors, managers, and partners to receive and complete assigned work.
• Communicate with his/her supervisors on the progress of assigned work.
Job Description for Audit Intern at Melton & Melton, LLP
Our audit interns will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
• Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
• Obtain exposure to various types of financial statement engagements provided by the firm
• Prepare field work and keep supervisors informed of the engagement status
• Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
• Communicate auditing matters and problems to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners.
• Work effectively within given budgetary parameters
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to various client situations
• Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency
• Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business and market
• Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture
Interns professional skill sets include (but are not limited to) neatness and clarity of work, appropriate relations with client personnel and firm associates, enthusiasm for assignments (especially more advanced or technical projects), and the ability to complete work timely and accurately. Competency and technical skill sets include (but are not limited to) knowledge of professional standards, work paper preparation and ability to adapt to work as required by level of engagement. Personal characteristics include integrity, professionalism in attitude and appearance, and trustworthiness.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Completed Intermediates I and II before starting the internship.
• Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes.
• Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship.