This position is responsible for all financial planning and analysis activities as well as all costing activities for the Division that will assist Leadership in making sound financial decisions that lead to performance improvement.
- This role currently supervises a Financial Analyst, a Cost Analyst, and an Accounting Technician.
- Drives a bottoms-up, zero-based annual budgeting exercise across the Division that ensures resources are allocated appropriately and are aligned with strategic objectives. Works with leadership team to turn results into annual financial plan upon which targets are based.
- Coordinates, prepares, and reviews monthly results and provides supporting explanation and variance analysis. Updates annual forecast appropriately and communicates to Division Leadership.
Weekly Financial Updates
- Prepares and communicates weekly performance updates versus forecast to Division Leadership and Business Unit HQ.
Operational Performance Improvement
- Assists Finance Director in development of accountability-focused process to identify, track, and report on improvements to Division Baseline Profitability (BLP).
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Provides data analysis as necessary to assist Division Leadership in functional and strategic decision-making.
Cost Maintenance and Analysis
- Manage Cost Analyst to develop annual cost standards, update ERP, and report on deviations from these standards.
- Works with functional leaders of Division to identify and implement actions to improve trade working capital and other cash-based metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Details
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A or B.S in Accounting/Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years Finance and/or Accounting in a Manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency with computer software – ERP, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and (internal customer) negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills / ability to work with details and apply at a strategic level
- Results – oriented, higher achiever with ability to set high expectation and stretch goals
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Multi-location, global environment experience preferred
- Standard costing experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.