Finance Business Partner, Business Finance at Novozymes’ Americas, Franklinton
- Challenging finance position with significant business impact
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about Finance? Then you might be our new Business Finance Partner for Consumer Biosolutions in the Americas.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Welcome to Business Finance
At Novozymes, Business Finance is responsible for partnering towards various business areas helping business to drive performance, value creation and profitability in close partnership with the global Division Leadership Teams.
Finance Business Partner with CFO mindset driving value creation and profitability
As part of Business Finance, you will help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes’ competitive edge. You will take part in setting and driving the financial agenda for the divisional performance and be part of the VP leadership team to ensure that relevant financial input for the strategic agenda and execution is brought to the table.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
Taking on a ‘CFO mindset’ and work very closely with people from Sales, Marketing, Technical Services and Business Development, your responsibilities and activities are broad-ranging and can include:
- Acting as Business Partner and trusted financial advisor to your specific VP area and with the global Business Finance team that you are a part of
- Business controlling mainly on a strategic and tactical level for the area you support
- Financial planning, owning and driving sales and cost budgets and forecasts for designated business area
- Driving profitability improvement programs, facilitating sales opportunity discussions, analysis of new product development (R&D) pipeline and facilitation of the resource prioritization process etc.
- Business reviews and evaluation of business cases
- Providing analytics on markets, customers, products, etc.
- Actively contributing to strategy development and ad hoc finance- and business projects
- Participating in the continuous development and optimization of financial processes and tools
The position reports to the Business Finance Director of the division, located in Denmark, but will have a dotted line to the Vice President that you support.
To succeed you must hold:
- 3+ years of experience from a similar role (e.g. Finance Business Partner / Business Controller role in a leading company) with a proficient financial toolbox. With the right mindset you could also be Financial Controller with the desire to join the field of finance business partnering.
- A university degree in business administration, finance or economics with good academic track record. MBA, Master’s or similar is preferred.
- Experience with financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and providing financial business support
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and English skills
- A commercial understanding and a passion for driving business performance where you act as trusted advisor and challenge business in a positive and pragmatic way. This is supported by a personality with a structured and analytical problem-solving approach. You thrive working closely with people and therefore you are proactive, outgoing and a team player with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels of the organization. Finally, you show persistence and get things done yet still being a good colleague and nice to work with.
This job will be located at Novozymes’ largest site in Americas in Franklinton, just north of Raleigh. Limited travel activity of 5-10 days a year is expected.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline is November 8th, 2020. Upload copy of your diploma(s), CV and motivational letter to apply.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.