This job is responsible for assisting Derivative Sales and International Finance with selling, transacting and servicing interest rate derivatives and foreign exchange contracts/ customers.
This position reports to Derivative Sales management.
- Create / distribute market updates (FX and Interest Rates), including economic commentary to Commercial Banking RMs. Discuss and analyze interest rates, economic data and market movements with internal and external customers.
- Work with Treasury Accounting & Operations, Loan Servicing and Foreign Exchange Operations on analyzing and resolving transaction and settlement issues. Evaluate foreign exchange and interest rate derivative transactions for accuracy and profitability. Evaluate data trends to identify sales opportunities.
- Develop relationships with commercial bankers and portfolio managers to educate, quote, and sell derivative hedging and FX solutions. Review outstanding loan and swap statements to ensure effective hedge. Answer questions and provide customer market valuations.
- Work with Derivative Sales and International Trade on creating business line and customer presentations for Capital Market Products. Assist sales teams in all facets of sales process.
- Develop database of outstanding, matured and unwound derivative transactions to analyze historical pricing, market penetration and risk parameters. Enhance database to develop better metrics on portfolios
- Work independently and with Derivative Sales and International Trade to monitor current compliance requirements and implement new compliance rules. Maintain detail procedures and processes for Derivative Sales and International Trade. Develop procedures for reporting customer transactions and recordkeeping.
- Other duties as assigned by Derivative Sales and International Trade
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
2-5 years relevant experience
- MBA, CFA, or a degree in finance, economics, or mathematics
- Understanding of, or prior experience in, the capital markets
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills necessary.
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work successfully in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in order to deliver timely and accurate results
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of banking and derivatives. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, financial modeling, projection and analysis.
1 POST OFFICE SQUARE