Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
- Provides basic Monitoring and Analysis support of computer security events
- Perform initial triage
- Report computer security events, in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Coordinate with Contractor and Government SOC’s, Incident Response Team, ISSM, ISSO’s, System Owners, and others as needed to analyze events
- Support ongoing analysis and response of computer security incidents by Incident Response Team
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Working knowledge of Tanium
- Working knowledge of McAfee ePO, DLP and NSM
- Execute the 4Cs (Candor, Competence, Confidence, and Commitment) on a daily basis
- Providing quality support to the customer
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Working with computers and architecture
- Sitting for lengths of time
- Operating at peak and non-peak hours
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Experience working in a SOC
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Experience handling classified information.
- Works well with team members
- Ability to work non-core hours (swing or night shift) if necessary
- 3-4 years technical experience
- Security+ or CEH
- Understanding of network protocols
- Experience with monitoring SIEMs
- Experience with reviewing IDS, Firewall and other security logs
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).