The Promotion In Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM) is one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow iconic brands.
The Associate Brand Manager will help lead aggressive growth across the Promotion In Motion (PIM) Confection and Snack portfolios, including seasonal business. S/he will work cross-functionally to lead product development/launches as well as drive existing business through effective promotion, media, PR and sales support, working with cross-functional teams and outside agencies. PIM’s leading brands include Welch’s® Fruit Snacks, Original Gummi FunMix®, Sour Jacks® Sour Candies, Sun-Maid® Chocolate Raisins and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in development of business/brand plans and budgets.
- Lead development of new products and packaging projects. Working with cross functional teams including Project Management, R&D, Purchasing, Demand/Production Planning, external agencies where applicable, and senior management.
- Manage packaging and graphics development, with internal or external design agency.
- Manage day-to-day elements of brand plans, including social/digital media and other forms of advertising, consumer promotion & shopper marketing programs, PR, sponsorships, sampling and other forms of brand activation, including frequent management of/contact with outside agencies.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the brand including innovation forecasting, budget management, data and market share analysis.
- Conduct action-oriented analyses and/or research to uncover key issues to address or areas of opportunity.
- Develop compelling sales presentations and selling materials, supported with data.
- Proactively address sales needs for successful distribution and promotion.
- Be completely accountable for on-time and successful business execution.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA desired.
- 2+ years relevant CPG brand experience.
- Strong leadership coupled with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute.
- Intellectual, financial, and analytical horsepower with ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in IRI and/or Nielsen databases.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people, including building high levels of trust and commitment.
- Able to function in a fast- paced environment and comfortable turning ambiguity into action.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills; strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and bias for action.
- Approachable, authentic and genuine.
- Demonstrated personal and professional values, being a role model and positive influence on those around him/her; demonstrated unquestionable integrity and character and brings out the best in others.