At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment – not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Working with high net worth families, closely held businesses, estates, trusts and private foundations
- Developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their needs and challenges
- Completing tax planning and research
- Preparing federal and state & local tax returns
- Developing a general understating of reporting requirements of different entity structures and the compliance process
- Increasing involvement in developing cutting edge tax ideas that could significantly lessen clients overall effective tax rates
- Leveraging tax knowledge and understanding of the tax preparation process to bring work to completion for review
- Demonstrating awareness of differing levels of assurance as it relates to tax positions taken through writing memoranda and other written documentation on complex tax issues for business and private tax clients
- Staying current on tax legislation relevant to Private Client Service clients
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
•Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
•Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
•Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
•Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
•Working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam – tax associates have the opportunity to obtain the audit hours required for full certification
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
•Ability to work effectively on a team
•Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment