Audit staff, or entry level accountants, are supervised by senior accountants, managers and partners. Initially, they are given less complex audit assignments. As they gain experience, they are given more difficult assignments and greater responsibilities.
Audit Staff Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Become familiar with the firm technology, audit software and time and billing software.
- Become familiar with the firm standards for workpaper preparation
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA
- Obtain exposure to the different types of audit engagements offered by the firm
- Obtain a working knowledge of audit research techniques and the various research sources in the firm library
- Assist in coordinating and performing client audits or special projects, under the supervision of audit seniors and managers
- Obtain a general knowledge of the practice of public accounting and providing client service
- Become familiar with professional standards impacting audit and other services performed