Tecovas is seeking a Director of CRM and Retention Marketing who will be a key leader and critical to our upward trajectory. The right candidate is extremely knowledgeable about loyalty marketing, but knows how to drive repeat purchases from customers with or without implementing an actual loyalty program, and without relying on coupons and deals. This person has done their time grinding out marketing campaigns in eCommerce businesses and knows all the ins and outs of how to personalize and segment them in creative ways. But they are most in their element when they look at an empty calendar and with a fresh marker in their hand, can whiteboard fun and exciting ideas that excite people to click and purchase.
Like the rest of the executive team at Tecovas, the Director will be a leader-coach who can do the tactical work in their domain as well as own the strategic long-term plan for how to increase repeat purchases and LTV. If you are an experienced Retention/CRM leader but want to manage a big team, this may not be the right role for you. If you want to have the time of your life selling cowboy boots and get on a rocket ship of growth, so that you can one day look back and be proud of the company you helped us build brick by brick, then this might be right for you.
While initially this person will be a team of one, they will be able to hire 1 to 2 staff members to build a small but mighty CRM function. In addition, they will work closely with our Creative team to develop campaigns and our Director of Analytics to measure results and identify new opportunities.
At the core, this role is about understanding how to drive demand via CRM by reaching the right customers with the right products. Our product portfolio is constantly expanding, and performance marketing will need to expand with it — to new types of customers, to new geographic areas, and to cover new products that our existing customers will want to add to their collection.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, implement and manage the retention marketing strategy
- Manage all email and SMS marketing channels for Tecovas; Build quarterly campaign plans, execute daily and measure performance in detail weekly, calling out highs and lows.
- Establish KPIs to achieve revenue targets, including both channel health and customer-level behavioral metrics
- Work with our new Sr. Manager of Marketing Analytics, the CMO and Finance team to build accurate forecasts, management reports and business plans
- Bring fresh ideas and innovative campaign concepts to retain and grow customer relationships
- Work closely with our in-house Creative Director and agencies on your creative needs for copy, video, design, etc
- Experience in digital marketing with focus on retention, engagement, and/or loyalty
- Entrepreneurial mind-sight, with ability to react quickly to change and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- A proven track record of hitting revenue goals
- Deep understanding of and experience in direct to consumer, e-commerce model
- Demonstrable achievement in designing and managing retention marketing campaigns
- Prior P&L responsibility, with a history of managing marketing budgets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-faced product-centric environment, working hand in hand with our merchandising team on new product introductions, pricing, and positioning
- Honesty to “tell it like it is” and pinpoint issues quickly, call out problems and negative trends or KPIs that need to be addressed; not being afraid to say when something isn’t working and having the humility to admit mistakes
- Confidence in predicting future demand and setting forecasts based on historical run rates and cohort behavior; comfort in ‘signing up’ for monthly and quarterly targets with Finance
- Great teamwork skills and experience managing people
- Experience in the fashion industry is preferred but not required
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand and was founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel, and leather goods – and selling them at a fair price. Our passion for offering incredible customer experiences runs through the culture of our team – and we’re committed to making Tecovas an incredible place to work!
We’re growing – and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us to continue to grow. If you’re looking to be part of a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike, look no further.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!