The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Operations Finance team. This individual will be highly resourceful, deliver results, have a passion for organizational excellence, and possess a strong set of analytical and communication skills
Essential Duties, Responsiblities:
- Assist in the preparation of the "bottom-up" monthly forecast and annual budget.
- Perform detailed analyses to identify, analyze, understand, and monitor the Company's key performance indicators.
- Create ad hoc reports to evaluate business trends and identify impact versus the forecast and budget.
- Evaluate daily & weekly metrics and take action to ensure favorable results to plan by month-end.
- Proactively assist in developing projects to identify opportunities for forecast accuracy improvement, cost savings / profit enhancement, and efficiency improvement.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the planning processes, including compiling and reporting results, and understanding / explaining points of variance.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly management reporting packages.
- Effectively work with other functional departments to ensure that their departmental expenses will not exceed monthly forecasted targets.
- Support strategic planning and decision making by identifying trends in product, market segments, and key customers.
- Responsible for accurate month end plant operations financial closing
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments. Maintains a high degree of professionalism with all customers at all times.
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills and double checks math.
- Judgment - includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Dependability - commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - aggressively looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 3 - 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows from bottom up.
- CMA and/or MBA, a plus.
- The position requires infrequent overnight travel with occasional weekend and evening work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced production office environment. Some stress may occur. Travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.