Assist with financial reporting research and reporting, web based software projects, financial entries, duties and reconciliations as assigned.
Essential Functions: Performs specific tasks in support of accounting initiatives.
- Assist the staff accountant with the preparation of financial reports.
- Research related to the maintenance of financial statement formats.
- Interpret and explain mid-level financial-related data and accounting processes to managers and non-financial staff.
- Serve as a resource for departments, when questions arise as well as research and process accounting requests.
- Preparation of financial entries as assigned.
- Resolve reporting discrepancies.
- Resolve data importing issues as needed.
- Enhancing accounting procedures related to using our software or web based software programs.
- Implement new processes as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of complex account reconciliations.
- Reviewing basic transactions and reconciliations as assigned.
- Collections review.
- Assist with ledger mapping and coding in financial systems.
- Assist with year end and supplementary schedules as assigned.
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests as assigned, including generating reports, researching transactions and coordinating with other departments.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Support daily operations as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which will include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goals.
- On-site event support for Board meetings and leadership conferences.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Day, and game days tailgates as needed.
- Representing The Association at events as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Staff Accountant.
Given: Accounting Assistants.