When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This dynamic Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A will support the Sample Prep Business Unit (within the Biosciences Division) P&L. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Sample Prep FP&A, working together to provide functional support and lead the finance monthly, quarterly, and annual mechanisms. Sample Prep is at the forefront of the COVID-19 pandemic, helping provide testing solutions globally that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Key finance partner to product management leaders, supporting the business in day to day activities, strategic build out, and building New Product Development/R&D investment business cases
- Key finance partner to Market development to help prioritize projects and measure success
- Shared ownership with the Sr. Manager of the Monthly & Quarterly Business Review packages
- Lead Operating Expense and Capital Expense planning & forecasting, reporting, and analytics
- Lead Headcount analysis and reporting
- Drive the AOP and Restatement process
- Continuously drive process improvements (PPI) in our internal processes
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA, CMA, or CPA preferred but not required)
- 5+ years of direct FP&A experience
- Experience with HFM, Hyperion Planning, Cognos, or similar systems
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results oriented
- Demonstrated experience in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed organization
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Customer-centric, focused on providing proactive systems solutions to drive business performance
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with senior management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Natural bias towards continuous improvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.