Purpose of Job
USAA’s 10-week, summer internship program offers college and MBA students an exciting opportunity to work at a Fortune 100 company and leading financial services firm. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their leaders and mentors. While gaining insight into the service of the military community and USAA’s noble mission, interns are immediately part of USAA’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at USAA and gain a career where you can make a difference!
The MBA Intern Program is designed to engage high potential talent who thrive in the opportunity to drive solutions to meet our mission and membership needs. The program will enhance skills through professional development sessions, senior leader networking and on-the-job training.
The MBA Intern assists with the development and implementation of solutions to influence business decisions for relevant line(s) of business. They assist with the development of best in practice solutions to business challenges and help identify opportunities to enhance or streamline exiting business programs.
Our 2021 summer internship program will start on May 24, 2021 and last through July 30, 2021. To be eligible, you must be enrolled in your program during the time of the internship program.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Leverages Digital or Technology research, business and market intelligence, and data-driven insights to identify opportunities, propose solutions, create and maintain roadmaps, and improve performance
- Creates Business Case artifacts and hypotheses for scoping of Digital or Technology product and experience opportunities
- Continuously leverages data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand and report on product and experience performance against KPIs and KRIs
- Generates meaningful insights through a variety of tools and resources to uncover areas of opportunity to inform Digital or Technology product and experience improvements
- Develops customer (i.e., business partners, members, stakeholders) relationships to collaborate and understand current and future business needs
- Pursuing an MBA degree at an accredited university with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or later
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship
- 4+ years Product Management, Digital/Technology experience or directly related experience in Strategy/Planning, Innovation, User Experience, Process Engineering and/or Research/Testing.
- Accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks and/or projects required
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Foundational level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, present, influence, and communicate business decisions
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology