Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated individuals to join the Information Services Department. The IS Department has entry level, full-time opportunities in the following departments:
Infrastructure: Security Analyst, Network Engineering, and System Administration Analyst:
Employees within the Infrastructure and Operations department are placed in hands-on positions in areas such as: server and network support, data and network security, and the Valero Technical Operations Center (VTOC).
The Infrastructure Department is responsible for the design, build, and 24×7 support of critical computing resources such as servers, storage, data centers, and voice and data networks. To accomplish this, we use cutting edge tools such as VMWare VSphere, BMC Control-M, HPE NNMi, Microsoft Systems Center, SAP Solution Manager, and SAP Identity Management. Knowledge of operating systems, infrastructure, and scripting languages are essential to success in this area.
Technical: Developer and Business Systems Design Analysts:
Employees within the Technical area are asked to develop and maintain the business software used at Valero. Assignments range from being a team member on a major project to deploy a brand new system, to working independently on enhancements to existing system. Platforms include the following:
- Application/Web Development: Java, J2EE, ABAP, C#, .NET
- Database Engine: SQL Server, Oracle
- Integration/Middleware: SAP PI/MII, webMethods
- Reporting/Analytics: BW, HANA, Business Objects
- Portal: Microsoft SharePoint
Employees working in this area are typically majoring in Computer Science or related field. A knowledge of (or a willingness to learn) database platforms and SQL is a key to success in this role.
Functional: Business System Support Analyst:
Employees in a Functional role may serve as a member of a project team, or work independently on enhancements to an existing system. Business Analysts may work in business units such as Refining, Marketing and Supply, Finance, Accounting, or Human Resources. Business Analysts will work directly with members of that business unit along with technical resources from the Information Services department on designing, building, and/or enhancing solutions to the real world business challenges Valero faces in the market.
Business Analyst activities may include:
- Gathering and documenting business requirements
- Testing new software releases
- Training end-users on new systems
- These positions are best suited for students working towards an MIS (Management of Information Systems) or related degree. Strong communications skills and an ability to work at the speed of business are required to be successful in this area.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
– Currently pursuing or have obtained a bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or related field required.
– Graduation dates between May 2018 to May 2021 required.
– Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or higher) preferred.
– Experience using SAP preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with internal and external contacts required.
Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major – Expected Graduation Date
Note: Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check, hair analysis drug screen, and pre-employment physical (if applicable)
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
How to Apply
apply directly through Valero Careers: