The Veritex Internship Program is a 10-week program beginning on June 1, 2021. The program is structured to provide rising seniors and graduate students with hands-on experience and business exposure in the world of Credit Administration and Commercial Lending. You will be placed in a specific group that allows you to concentrate and quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. You will work alongside Credit Analysts, Underwriters and other Lending professionals who will serve as your instructors and mentors as you rotate through various Credit and Lending Departments. Our summer interns are partnered with mentors to assist you in acquiring greater professional knowledge and gain confidence to take responsibility for your career development. In addition to the responsibilities within your assigned role, you will also work with other Interns on a team project and have the chance to present to the Executive Management of the bank. Our program is designed to help you grasp just what it’s like to work in the credit and lending roles of the bank. Interspersed with your assignments and projects, you just might have the opportunity to volunteer on one of the many service projects sponsored by the bank!
Support & Guidance
Your assigned mentor/manager will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer interns. You will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different business groups and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. You will leave with a better understanding of the world of Credit Administration, Commercial Lending and banking.
At the end of the program you will have the opportunity to provide feedback about the overall program, your experience and receive a review from your manager.
• Current rising senior or graduate student majoring in Finance or Accounting
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Strong interest in Banking
• Solid academic standing with recommended course work in finance and accounting
• Microsoft Suite proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong verbal, written, mathematical and statistical skills
• Interpersonal skills and individual initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams
• Excel in a challenging environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things.