What you’ll be doing…
Verizon’s Professional Services develop and deliver custom technology solutions to the global market by creating a digital strategy to modernize their network. We offer an array of services across a wide spectrum of technologies at various stages of the development cycle and give technical expertise, oversight, and guidance for businesses to meet their technology needs of today and tomorrow.
This entry level role, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in the field through on the job training.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Support the development of the Government, Risk and Compliance (GRC) operating model and a service-oriented customer engagement model.
- Support the operationalization of various GRC capability areas such as enterprise security, risk management, compliance management, policy management, third party risk management, and metrics and reporting, as client looks to mature these areas.
- Assist with presales activities such as participating in scoping calls, developing levels of effort to meet customer requirements, preparing statements of work, and customer facing presentations.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program concentrating in Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a related major with an expected completion date by June 2021.
- Four or more years of work experience within Security, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in the security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the development and implementation of information security policies, standards and related procedures for security programs.
- Ability to assess clients against a wide variety of security and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
- Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the size and complexity of the client’s organization.
- Demonstrated investigative and analysis skills with the demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM or CISA.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
How to Apply
Students must apply directly to Verizon’s website to be considered.
Search for title of opportunity at www.verizon.com/campus